Friday 23 April 2010

Goodbye Dad

My beloved father passed away during the night between Thursday and Friday.  He slept quietly in, leaving all his pain behind, so now he can finally be at peace.  We will all miss him very much.

Despite the illness and his pain, he always refused to be seen as weak, but it simply became too much for him in the end.  I'm so sorry I wasn't with him in the last few weeks, and haven't been at his side much, but he knew deep inside that I was looking after him from a far.

I guess that is one of the curses of living abroad.  You cannot be there when you have to, but I cannot change this and he would not want me to change it either.  He was and is my hero, and he has always been there for him.  Now it is my turn to be there for him, when he passes over.

Dad, I love and miss you.

Your son

No comments:

Post a Comment